Get ready to unleash your inner Husky!
This is an exciting time for you. You’re about to discover just who you are, and Bloomsburg University gives you the opportunities to explore all of your interests. Since 1839, BU has had a tradition of academic excellence. A network of more than 70,000 alumni for internship and career connections will help you go from high school senior to workforce ready in just four years.
Our friendly campus community here at Bloomsburg University is ready to welcome you. You will experience customizable core classes, student research and collaboration with your professors as well as volunteering in the community. With 56 majors and 58 minors, students achieve personal and professional success through experiential opportunities that complement classroom education. We have the technology and hands-on learning that will help you stand out. With more than 250 student clubs and organizations, there’s something for everyone. Through all of these experiences, you’ll be comfortable enough to dig into the ideas that fascinate you, take up new activities like rock climbing or dance, and launch your career – all at the same time!
One thing that sets us apart is Professional U. At BU, your many experiences, connecting you with alumni, employers and opportunities integrate the academic experience with professional experience in “real world” settings. We focus on preparing and inspiring students to become confident leaders through one professional experience per year per student.
Why Bloomsburg University?
Bloomsburg University offers a personalized and friendly learning environment that facilitates the transition for International students to a new educational system and culture. To help our international students acclimate, we offer:
- A peer mentoring program to help you adjust to university life in the US
- Academic and ESL support
- Admitted students are eligible for a 50% out-of-state tuition waiver based on financial need
- Internship and experiential experience opportunities
- Research grant opportunities
- Career Prep Boot Camp prepares you for the world
Recognitions and Distinctions
Bloomsburg University is known for the following recognitions and distinctions, and the list keeps growing!
National and Regional Recognitions:
- Top Universities In The Northern Region - U.S. News & World Report
- #5 among Four-Year Colleges in Pennsylvania - Schools.com. The ranking focuses on affordability, flexibility and student services using the most recent government data to evaluate colleges and universities across the state.
Academic Program Distinctions:
- The nursing program rated #1 in PA and #60 in the US - CollegeAtlas.org
- Digital Forensics program is designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education.
- Member - NCAA Department of Defense Concussion Assessment, Research and Education Consortium.
- Top North American Schools - Sales Education Foundation’s (SEF) listing of the best universities offering professional sales education 2017
- Ranked as One of the 25 Best Bachelor's Degrees in Special Education for 2017 - Best Education Degrees, the leading guide to educational careers and colleges.
- One of the Top Ten Schools in PA for criminal justice majors - Zippia.com
BU is a great place to be you.
A great place to become you.
Programs taught in: