The University of Ulsan was founded on February 19, 1969, as the Ulsan Institute of Technology. The University was promoted to a full-fledged University on March 1, 1985. The university is located in Mugeo-dong, Ulsan, South Korea. The University currently has approximately 10,500 students enrolled.
The city of Ulsan has been recognized as the Korean city which was built around the corporate base of the multinational Hyundai conglomerate. Thus, the Hyundai Conglomerate announced its plan to give 40 billion won to assist a variety of university-industry cooperation projects.
This corporate relationship has helped turn the University into one of South Korea's top-rated institutions for graduate job placement, as well as increasing its reputation more broadly as one of the top private universities outside of Seoul. UOU has demonstrated its accomplishments and excellence with continued change and innovation! To be a creative model of university education based on truth, free will, and service, UOU takes the initiative in innovation and strives to achieve
University of Ulsan today offers programs in the broad area through 12 colleges. There are 6 different graduate schools including the general Graduate School which offers Master's degrees in 29 different disciplines and Doctorate degrees in 19 different areas of study. In 2007, 12,614 undergraduate students and 1,637 graduate students are enrolled in the university.
- 90th in the World (2015 THE 100 under 50 Rankings)
- 8th in Korea (2015 CWTS Leiden Rankings)
- 9th in Korea (2015 THE World University Rankings)
- 11th in Korea, 85th in Asia (2015 THE Asia University Rankings
Strength: Industry-University Cooperation
- Professional Internship & Factory Training
- Active Career Development Service
- Mechanical & Automotive Engineering
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering
- Business Administration
Programs taught in:
- English (US)