Bachelor of Arts in Political Sciences
University of Milan - Department of Social and Political Sciences
EUR 156 / per year *
Earliest start date
* Fees for international students range from 156 to 1200 euros, depending on country of origin. Fees for students who have income or property in Italy range from 156 to 2900 euros, depending on family income. Check here http://www.unimi.it/ENG/admissio
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
IPLE is an interdisciplinary bachelor’s degree programme in International Politics, Law and Economics.
IPLE is entirely taught in English, and students will opt for either the “International Politics and Economics” curriculum or for the “International Politics and Law” one. In the former case, they will acquire a wide array of skills and tools for the comparative analysis of politics and economic policies; in the latter, they will delve into international relations issues, including international and European law, and the political history of specific regions of the world. This bachelor’s programme further offers the possibility to attend a wide range of practical workshops and/or undertake short or long internship experiences.
The following are the common courses of the three-year IPLE programme:
- Logic and critical thinking
- Contemporary history
- History of political theories
- Public Law
- Comparative social systems
- Political science
- Data analysis
- Language assessment: French/German/Spanish/Italian
- International law
- International relations
- International macroeconomics
- Writing and communication skills
The following are the courses belonging to each of the two curricula, mostly taught in the 2nd and 3rd year of the programme:
- Social research methodology
- Advanced data analysis
- Comparative political systems
- Public economics
- Models in political analysis
- International economics and policy
- History of international relations
- Sociology of globalization
- EU law
- War studies
- Comparative public law
- International human rights law or International trade law
- International politics of East Asia or State and Society in the Mediterranean and the Middle East
- History and politics of the global powers
Students need to take another 12 credits in elective courses (possibly choosing courses from the other curriculum), complete an internship period or attend a workshop, and write a final essay.
Check our website for further details: https://iple.unimi.it/
Applications for the AY 2019/20 are now closed.
[There are only 125 places available for EU students in the AY 2019/20. An entry test will take place on September 5. Another 25 places are reserved to non-EU and non-resident candidates. They will have to upload their diploma, highschool transcript, CV, language certificates and letter of motivation.
The programme is organized in three terms, from mid-September to early July, including the exam sessions.
Fees for international students range approximately from 156 to 1200 euros, depending on the country of origin, whereas if you have property or income in Italy fees range from 156 to 2900 euros, depending on family income.]
For further information: https://iple.unimi.it