This is the University at Albany
Named one of “America’s Top Colleges” by Forbes magazine, this is where you’ll learn, live, thrive, and succeed. This is excellence – at an extraordinary value.
Located in New York’s capital city, the University at Albany is the premier public research University in the Capital Region and offers more than 17,000 students the expansive opportunities of a large university in an environment designed to foster individual success.
Your success is our No. 1 priority. That means you’ll build your résumé before you even graduate – preparing you for wherever life takes you.
You’ll choose from over 50 undergraduate majors and more than 150 graduate programs that prepare you to succeed in a wide range of fields.
In every area of study, you’ll be instructed by faculty who are world-class scholars and teachers ─ many actively engaged in life-enhancing research that contributes profoundly to the public good. As mentors, they provide numerous student-research opportunities at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, inspiring you to advance your skills and aspirations.
Nationally Renowned Programs
The excellence of a UAlbany education is recognized by many independent sources. UAlbany is ranked among the top universities in Forbes’ “America’s Best Public Colleges,” and U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks many of our graduate programs among the top 50 in the United States, including clinical psychology, criminal justice, library, and information studies, public affairs, public health, sociology, and social work.
- #1 Public School of Education in NY (U.S. News & World Report - 2021)
- #19 Best Graduate Public Affairs Programs 2020 (U.S. News & World Report)
- #46 Best public health graduate schools 2019 (U.S. News & World Report)
- #2 Top Graduate Schools for Criminology - 2018 (U.S. News & World Report)
Commitment to Diversity
The University at Albany is committed to upholding an environment rich in diversity and inclusion where all members of our community are treated with dignity and respect. We recognize that this is a journey but believe that in working together, we can actively engage to identify actionable items addressing issues of campus climate.
- Highlighted as a national leader in advancing racial equity - 2020 (Education Trust)
- National ‘HEED’ Diversity Award 2018, 2019, 2020 (INSIGHT into Diversity Magazine)
UAlbany prepares you to pursue careers in a wide range of professions and enter top graduate, law, or medical schools. You’ll have access to internships and career preparation in Fortune 500 businesses and in every field, plus early assurance options with Albany Medical Center and a unique partnership with Albany Law School. Recent additions to our academic offerings include some of the most in-demand programs today, such as computer engineering, homeland security, emergency preparedness, digital forensics, financial market regulation, and public health.
- Top 7% Top performers in social mobility - 2021 (U.S. News & World Report)
- Top 12% Top national universities based on contributions to the public good - 2020 (Washington Monthly)
- Top 6% Top Social Mobility Elevators - 2020 (Education Reform Now)
- Top 2% Higher education social mobility index 2020 (CollegeNET)
The Capital Region of New York State has the highest employment rate in Upstate New York and is home to bustling industries like government, technology, business, healthcare, and education. The University's location provides you with limitless opportunities for internships and public service through which you will gain experience, test your skills, and prepare to launch a successful career.