Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons) in Mechanical Design
Universiti Kuala Lumpur- UniKL
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
MYR 10,790 / per semester *
Earliest start date
* local students: RM 7,500 | international students: RM 10,790
Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons.) in Mechanical Design (BET MD) aims to assist graduates to become full-fledged Mechanical Design Technologists with the required knowledge and technical skills to serve the industry upon graduating. Besides Mechanical Engineering knowledge, students will also have the advantage of specializing in Mechanical Design. Emphasis will be given to components and systems-level design to serve the mechanical, manufacturing, semiconductor, electronics, and also oil and gas industry.
Students will be exposed to the required knowledge and skills to produce detailed Engineering Design that complies with Engineering Standards on safety, reliability, and also environmental impact. They will also learn to create a design that is highly manufactured able and save cost.
At the early stage of the program, courses are aligned to expose the students to basic Mechanical / Manufacturing knowledge. In the middle of the program students will learn Specialized Design Courses which are relevant to the industry. At the end of the program, the student will use their design knowledge to create a complex design that will be reflected in their Final Year Projects.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and engineering specialization principles to well-defined practical procedures and practices.
- Analyze well-defined engineering problems in their discipline or area of specialization.
- Formulate solutions to well-defined technical problems.
- Assist in the formulation of systems, components, or processes to meet specified needs.
- Conduct investigations of well-defined problems.
- Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and engineering tools to well-defined engineering activities, with an awareness of their limitations.
- Demonstrate an awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues, and their consequent responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with the engineering community and society at large.
- Function effectively in a diverse technical team.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities, and norms of engineering technology practices.
- Demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices, and entrepreneurship.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development.
- Recognize the need for professional development and engage in independent and lifelong learning.
Graduates will be able to work in vast engineering and manufacturing sectors such as Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), Manufacturing, Automotive, Semiconductor, Oil, and Gas, etc. Career prospects are Technologists in the field of Mechanical Engineering and Design such as Mechanical Engineering technologists, Mechanical Design Engineering technologists, Manufacturing Engineering technologists, Product Mechanical Engineering technologists, Production Engineering technologists, and Marketing Engineering technologists.