Degree in Biotechnology
EUR 13,920 / per year *
Earliest start date
* annual price; Get a 30% reduction on your reservation until April 30
In the Degree in Biotechnology, it is a degree whose objective is to train students to acquire knowledge of chemical engineering, biological systems or molecular biology, among others.
By studying biotechnology, students will learn to use biological technology to generate healthy food, better medicines, more resistant and less polluting materials, renewable energy sources, as well as mechanisms to reduce pollution.
Study the Degree in Biotechnology at a university with top facilities, a faculty made up of leaders in their areas of knowledge, and an academic model based on experiential learning.
Why study the Degree in Biotechnology?
The most advanced facilities
It uses the most modern facilities of the main research centers such as the CSIC, the Carlos III Health Institute or the Hospital de Parapléjicos de Toledo.
To make the most of our innovative academic model, Universidad Europea offers you a range of advanced facilities equipped with the most innovative technologies:
- Simulated Hospital
- XR Lab
- Maud Menten Chemistry Laboratory
- Physiology Laboratory
- Frances Arnold Biotechnology Laboratory
- Lynn Margulis Laboratory of Cell Biology and Microbiology
- Gertrude Belle Elion Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Technology
- Research Laboratories
- Structure and Function Laboratory I
- Laboratories Biomedical Sciences I and II
- Dulce Chacón CRAI Library
- Universitary residence
- Sport Center
You will learn about the latest advances in bioscience and biomedicine and you will acquire the skills to develop innovative processes in the design of new drugs, improvement of food products, or bioremediation of contaminated environments, among others.
In addition, you will obtain two Expert Courses taught by professors and leading national and international companies, learning innovative fields such as Docking and Molecular Dynamics or how to manage a biotechnology company and R+D+i projects.
Practices in the best centers
More than 600 hours of practices. In the last year, internships in research centers (CSIC) and top-level companies in the sector (Genomics, ERCROS, Lilly, BMS or Quintiles, etc.)
Expand your professional horizon
Get a double degree in just one more year and also obtain the Degree in Pharmacy
Agreements with international universities (Eberhard Karls Universitat Tübingen in Germany; University of Newcastle in Australia; Sveu ilište u Rijeci in Croatia; Università degli studi di Siena and di Firenze in Italy, etc.) where you can work in research teams or study your last year in the USA adding to your Degree a Postgraduate Diploma in Biotechnology Management from the University of California, Riverside, with an additional 6-month visa to work in the USA.
A curriculum designed to meet the needs of the job market.
During the first years of your bachelor’s degree, you’ll acquire more general knowledge, later deciding which area of Biotechnology you would like to specialise in with the guidance of your professors.
You’ll receive training with the latest technology in bioscience and biomedicine learning to think through Inquiry Based Learning (IBL), and learning by doing with Project-Based Learning (PBL) methodology.
More than 600 internship hours throughout the degree programme, with the possibility of early immersion in research groups guided by professionals.
- CB1: students have demonstrated knowledge and understanding in an area of study that builds on the foundation of general secondary education, usually at a level that while relying on advanced textbooks, also includes some aspects that involve knowledge acquired from the cutting edge of their field of study.
- CB2: Students know how to apply their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional manner, and have the competencies that are usually demonstrated by preparing and defending arguments, and solving problems within their area of study.
- CB3: Students can gather and interpret relevant data (normally within their area of study) to make judgements that include reflections on relevant social, scientific and ethical issues.
- CB4: Students are able to convey information, ideas, problems and solutions to both specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- CB5: Students have developed the necessary learning skills to undertake subsequent studies with a high degree of independence.
Scholarships and Funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Program Tuition Fee
Biotechnology is one of the areas with the greatest potential for growth and employability, as can be seen in the pharmaceutical, agri-food, chemical and environmental science fields. In Spain there are more than 3,000 companies specialised in this sector - which represents 8.6% of the GDP - and demand for professionals who are well-prepared and capable of meeting the challenges ahead is high. This translates into interesting career opportunities (described below) that we will prepare you to take on in research, development, production, marketing, management and control of biotechnological products.