Bachelor of Science in Information Systems - Business Information Concentration
USD 33,630 / per year *
Earliest start date
* full-time tuition 2022-2023
The information systems degree at Thiel College focuses on using technology as a tool to manage information in a variety of contexts. The program includes a core of courses focusing on business programming, e-commerce technology, systems analysis and design, operating systems concepts, database management systems, networks and data communication, and project management. In addition to completing the core requirements, you will choose a concentration area in business information systems.
The Information Science degree focuses on using technology as a tool to manage information in a variety of contexts. Students in Information Systems will be prepared to enter the workforce with skills in both business and technology or to pursue graduate education.
A student who graduates with a degree in Information systems will be able to
- Understand and apply core knowledge of programming, networking, and databases;
- Identify and analyze requirements for information or web systems;
- Demonstrate effective knowledge of business applications;
- Demonstrate effective communications to both business and IT professionals.
In addition to completing the core requirements, students choose a concentration area within information systems.
All courses that are applied to the major must be completed with a grade of C minus or higher.
- IS 120 A+
- IS 260 Networking +
- CIS 129 Fundamentals of Info Systems
- BADM 384 Business Communication
- CSCI 159 Intro to Programming
- CIS 111 Word Processing Applications
- CIS 112 Spreadsheet Applications
- CIS 113 Data Management Applications
- CSCI 319 Database Management
Complete the requirements for the Business and E-Commerce concentration:
- CSCI 139 Web Design and Development
- CIS 201 E-Commerce
- CIS 241 Project Management
- CSCI 331 Web Programming
- CSCI 351 Information Security and Forensics
- CIS 469 System Analysis
Thiel College information systems graduates are in high demand in a variety of fields. The broad knowledge base you gain from this program allows you to work in careers such as web design, web programming, information security, graphic design, system analysis, and much more!
Scholarships and Funding
Thiel College offers scholarships to students for reasons such as academic success, community service or involvement, exemplary leadership, and more! The scholarships available to mathematics majors are:
- The Dr. Judith A Crissman '64 Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Nathan Warren Harter and Besse Roseberry Harter Scholarship
- The Leland E. Householder ’33 Scholarship Fund
- Elizabeth McElhaney Scholarship
- The George and Magdalene Skegas Scholarship for Mathematics
- Arthur E. Smith Scholarship Fund
- TWC Amelia Earhart Scholarship
- Irene Wintersteen Memorial Science Scholarship
- The Nelson P. Yeardley Mathematics Scholarship