BBA in Event Management
Swiss School of Higher Education
Blended, Distance Learning, On-Campus
CHF 14,000 / per semester
Earliest start date
Bachelor of Arts in Management
The program of Bachelor of Arts in Management allows the student to acquire a solid knowledge of business processes and analytical techniques as well as sound technical skills. Graduates of the program can begin their careers in a field of their specialization and get involved in numerous positions at different levels or pursue their academic path with a further Master's program in Management giving a wider handset of fundamental methodologies and practical experience.
Bachelor of Arts in Event Management
The Bachelor of Arts Program in Event Management explores the concepts, characteristics, and management of local and international events in various locations. It focuses on what makes an event successful and includes aspects of creation, planning, finance, marketing, operations, and human resources. The Event Management course is designed to offer a mix of lectures, case studies, workshops, guest speakers, and interactive sessions; and provides an opportunity for practical application of theory and the experience of delivering a live event.
The World of Events
- Demand is growing in Special Events, Meetings, Conferences, Exhibitions, and Sports.
- There are 205 million people who currently work in the Event and Sports business worldwide and growing.
- Events and festivals are economic and social drivers for many companies, cities, regions, and countries.
- Language: English
- Duration: 6 semesters (3 years): 5 semesters + internship/thesis
- Start dates: October and February
- Credits: 185 ECTS
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor of Business Administration Major in Event Management
Courses for Bachelor of Arts in Management are divided into 3 main categories: Core courses (100 ECTS/25 courses) which are obligatory and Specialisation courses (40 ECTS/10 courses) which are introduced during the 2nd and 3rd year of the program and Seminars (15 ECTS). At the end of the studies, the student is obliged to prepare a Bachelor thesis (30 ECTS) OR complete an internship (30 ECTS).
If you are interested to know more about this program, please feel free to follow through SSHE link at the bottom of this page.
- Event Feasibility and Development
- Strategic Event Creation
- Operational Event Planning
- Corporate Event Planning
- Venue Selection
- Financial Event Planning
- Secure Sponsorships for Events
- Fundraising Strategies for Events
- Event Logistics Management
- Risk Assessment & Crisis Management
- Delivering Sustainable Events
Examples of Career Opportunities
- Pro Sports Teams
- International Sport Governing Bodies: IOC, FIS, UEFA, FIFA, FIBA
- Music and Art Festivals (Tomorrowland, Burning Man, Glastonbury)
- Brands and sponsorships (Red Bull, Omega, Rolex)
- Arenas (O2, Allianz Arena)
- Theme parks (Disney, Four Flags, EURO Park)
- TV production