BA in Multimedia Journalism
Spring Hill College
Full time, Part time
USD 22,820 / per year *
Earliest start date
* yearly tuition and fees
Whether you blog, Tweet, TikTok, podcast, write for publications, or deliver your stories on the evening news, in this digital age, the potential for your work to reach audiences around the world has never been greater. With a top-level Integrated Media Center, our students will gain valuable hands-on experiences with different equipment, programs, and media.
At Spring Hill College, you’ll learn to gather, absorb, and deliver news in a clear, concise manner. You’ll craft stories that inform, entertain, and stimulate discussion. You’ll have the opportunity to intern with local television stations, newspapers, and news websites, as well as magazines and a variety of other media.
- At Spring Hill College, we’re making our mark – With our small class sizes and affordable tuition, Spring Hill College is uniquely qualified to provide a high-quality education to our students. Our Jesuit, Catholic college education is renowned as a well-rounded higher education approach, with an emphasis on empowering students with a passion for knowledge and personal growth. With our recent tuition cut, Spring Hill College is one of the most affordable private colleges in the country.
- We’re curious and inspired – Forbes Magazine has ranked Spring Hill College as one of the top ten best colleges for return on investment (ROI). In our class of 2021, 92% of graduates attained placement six months after graduation through employment, graduate/professional school, internship, or service.
- We’re doers – Our students contribute 24,000 hours on average to the local community through the Foley Center each year. 100% of the 2020 graduates that applied to medical school were accepted. Spring Hill College has a 100% certification rate and a 92% placement rate with our Education program over the last five years.
Scholarships and Funding
Starting in 2021, Spring Hill College tuition and fees are reduced from $41,868 to $21,100. Room and board will be reduced by $3,200.
This price reduction makes Spring Hill one of the most affordable private colleges in the country while retaining our reputation for providing a Jesuit, Catholic educational experience of the highest quality.
Apply for Financial Aid
The most important step for students who wish to apply for financial aid is to submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online and make sure to add Spring Hill College to your list of schools. Only by completing and submitting the FAFSA will you be considered for additional funding from Spring Hill and federal and state sources.
The goals of the Multimedia Journalism program at Spring Hill College include:
- Report ethically with unbiased truth-telling as the highest virtue
- Employ news-gathering strategies
- Choose stories to prompt social change
- Communicate with spoken and written words, and with images
- Adaptable to emerging communication technologies
- Employ “Mojo” (mobile journalist) strategies for breaking news events
- Maintain a portfolio of best media content
Where We Work
- HGTV Magazine
- Alabama Media Group
- WALA Fox10
- Mobile Press-Register
One study from Missouri revealed that 85 percent of all help-wanted advertisements listed “communication skills” as an important competency for applicants. A journalism student will develop the written, verbal, visual, digital, and social media skills to communicate in a variety of contexts:
- News, sports, or features reporter for web, social media, print, and broadcast formats
- In-house journalist (public relations) or brand journalist for major corporations, non-profit organizations, hospitals, or educational and athletic organizations.
- Technical writing and content editing
- Entrepreneurial journalistic ventures over web platforms.