Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng.) in Sustainable Resources, Engineering and Management (StREaM)
Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences
EUR 126 / per semester *
Earliest start date
* There are no tuition fees, only a semester contribution of 153.70 EUR including public transport.
StREaM is an interdisciplinary, international Bachelor’s programme that combines engineering and economics, with a special focus on sustainability as an overlapping theme. On the one hand, students acquire basic knowledge in engineering and in economics. On the other hand, they gain knowledge and understanding of the principles of sustainable development as well as its importance for the economy and industry, the environment and the society in Germany as well as worldwide.
Students acquire skills that allow them to:
- identify and analyse problems that intersect engineering and economics and to work with others to develop solutions to these problems
- plan, carry out and evaluate sustainability projects, while taking into account engineering, economic, ecological, societal and cultural perspectives
- communicate, collaborate and cooperate successfully within interdisciplinary and intercultural contexts, also while using digital tools
- reflect upon their development of personal competencies and continually improve themselves
Degree course content
Sustainability as an overlapping theme
Fundamentals of Engineering and Environmental Sciences, e.g., in the following:
- Materials and Production Engineering
- Ecology and Resources
- Renewable Energy Systems
Fundamentals of Economic Science, e.g., in the following:
- International Accounting and Finance
- Production Management and Global Supply Chains
- Business Development
… and to complete the students' competencies:
- Intercultural Projects and Teamwork
- German as a Foreign Language
- Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Personal Development and Elective Modules
Job opportunities exist, e. g., in industrial and service companies as well as in the public sector – and generally in any sector where skills are needed to make production and product design processes more sustainable and to use and manage resources and energies in a responsible way.
Their interdisciplinary academic education allows StREaM graduates to work in positions that require an understanding of both technology and economics, e. g., in the fields of product distribution, product development as well as in quality and environmental management. Another field of activity is consulting.