BSBA with emphasis in Management/Marketing
Earliest start date
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
The mission of the School of Management is to prepare undergraduate business students for successful careers through a personalized, hands-on learning experience and positively impact the knowledge base of business and the economic health of the region through professional and scholarly activity.
The School of Management is accredited by AACSB International, the premier accrediting body for business schools in the world. As an AACSB accredited school, we emphasize Innovation, Engagement, and Impact.
Students gain a broad business knowledge in accounting, economics, finance, management, and marketing as well as specialized knowledge in one of four emphasis areas: accounting; financial services; healthcare management; or management/marketing.
The Management/Marketing program helps students develop decision-making skills for use in business operations. Students strengthen critical-thinking skills to develop strategies for meeting organizational objectives. Students are equipped with the business knowledge required to establish processes within organizations that add value for stakeholders. Management courses emphasize decision-making skills and the selection, motivation, and development of human resources. Marketing courses focus on the ways an organization can meet customer needs through product development and distribution and through promotional and pricing strategies. Through a comprehensive and challenging curriculum, students with an emphasis in Management/Marketing are being prepared to have sustainable and productive careers.
Lander University business students will:
- Build solid communication skills
- Learn to work well in teams
- Demonstrate high ethics
- Develop strong problem-solving skills
COLLEGE FACILITIES INCLUDE
- classrooms with state-of-the-art technology
- computer labs for student use
- classrooms with excellent workspace
- faculty offices immediately adjacent to classrooms
- lobby designed for student teamwork projects
THE LANDER UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT BOASTS
- exceptionally qualified faculty
- the personal touch, where faculty are available to students
- excellent curriculum in Management/Marketing
- outstanding, recognized internship program
- experiential learning opportunities in the business world
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION TO THE BUSINESS PROGRAM
- Students must have successfully completed 45 semester hours of coursework
- Students must have earned a minimum 2.5 GPSA
- Students must have earned a grade of C or better in basic accounting, economics, statistics, and business communication classes.
- Students must successfully complete proficiency assessments in writing, mathematics, and computer applications.
Undergraduate transfer students must meet the requirements listed for continuing students. In computing the GPA for purposes of admission to the School of Management, work transferred from previous schools and work at Lander University is included. Courses are transferable if they meet these standards:
- A minimum grade of C must be earned in each course
- Upper-level business courses must be taken at AACSB accredited schools or approved by the School of Management.
- Course descriptions must closely match Lander University School of Management courses.
Retention Requirement for Business Students
To remain in the program, a student must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.