Bachelor of Science in Sport Management and Marketing
USD 17,975 / per semester
Earliest start date
Score a Competitive Career with Expertise in Sport Management and Marketing from Gannon University
Take your classroom learning into the real world at several local and regional sports organizations that are within walking or driving distance from Gannon’s campus. Combine your passion for sports with a rigorous business education that gives you the essential knowledge, skills, and professional connections needed in this fast-moving industry. Earn a career in professional, collegiate, or recreational sports management and marketing, sports communication, and more.
- Discover unique educational opportunities in a program directly connected with the sports business industry.
- Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs
- Position yourself for professional networking and a career by working at local, regional, and national sporting events.
Inspire Your Academic Success
Gain real-world knowledge through key sport management and marketing courses including:
- Principles of Sports Marketing: Learn fundamental theories and issues in sports marketing, grounded in traditional marketing principles that emphasize unique application to the sports industry.
- Principles of Sport Management: Explore sport business topics and complete experiential learning projects with sports organizations.
- Facilities and Event Management: Understand components of managing athletic facilities and events, combining theory and real-world application in organizing and maintaining an athletic facility and planning events.
Learn to Lead the Way in Sport Management and Marketing
- Develop the theoretical and practical aspects of management and marketing in the sport business context.
- Gain hands-on experience through service-learning projects with local, regional, and national sports teams; case studies focused on real companies; and participation in dynamic class discussions.
- Apply the essential knowledge and skills learned in the classroom to on-site, sport-specific opportunities.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Dahlkemper School of Business Students evaluate and integrate core knowledge across the breadth of functional business areas to solve problems and capture opportunities.
- Dahlkemper School of Business Students apply leadership and team-building skills to develop strategies, manage resources and achieve goals.
- Dahlkemper School of Business Students recognize the importance of ethical issues, integrity, inclusiveness, and social responsibility in real-world business behavior.
- Dahlkemper School of Business Students identify, analyze, evaluate, and solve business problems using both discipline-specific and cross-functional integrative thinking.
- Dahlkemper School of Business Students utilize written and oral communication skills to effectively interact with stakeholders.
- Dahlkemper School of Business Students recognize global business concepts and practices that present opportunities and challenges in an environment of diversity and multiculturalism.
- Dahlkemper School of Business Students demonstrate concentration knowledge and appropriate application of the business concepts, opportunities, and practices in their respective business majors.
Achieve the Possibilities
Students will gain a high-quality education that enables success in the rigors of graduate school or a future profession. Through an array of program opportunities, you can:
- Secure internships and career opportunities with sports teams and organizations including the Erie Otters, Erie SeaWolves, Buffalo Bills, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Indians, New Era Cap Co., and Dick’s Sporting Goods.
- Earn an average median salary that ranges from $57,000 to $210,000 a year in a career that has a projected annual growth of 10% by 2030, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.