Bachelor of Science in Physics
Chicago State University
Chicago, IL, USA
USD 6,008 *
Earliest start date
* 10,358 USD Total Tuition and Fees, On-Campus Non-Illinois Resident. Freshmen
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
Physics Degree Options
The Bachelor of Science degree in Physics consists of four Options.
- General Physics: Students following this Option prepare for research, industrial, and governmental careers or for graduate study in physics or related fields.
- Physics for Biosciences Applications: Students who wish to pursue careers in biophysics, medical physics, motion science or gain admission to medical, dental, or pharmacy school usually follow this option.
- Engineering Physics: Students following this Option prepare for a number of fields in the application of physics especially high tech industry as well as graduate studies in Engineering and Applied Physics. (This Option has been approved but is not yet in the University Catalog. Please contact an advisor for more information.)
- Secondary Teaching Option in Physics: Completion of the Secondary Teaching Option in Chemistry qualifies students for an Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) with an endorsement for teaching Science-Physics for grades 9-12 and a middle grade endorsement in general science and physical science for grades 6–8 provided that the program is completed and middle-grade endorsements issued by January 31, 2018, when new middle-grade endorsement rules will come into effect. Licensure requires the successful completion of the Illinois Licensure Tests of Academic Proficiency (TAP) or equivalent, Science-Physics Content Area test, and Assessment of Professional Teaching (Secondary 6-12). The Secondary Teaching Program is accredited by the National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) and meets Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) standards in science education.
Admissions Application Deadlines
The Graduate School accepts applications on a continuous basis for most graduate programs; students interested in obtaining admission to a specific term should complete the admission process by these deadlines:
Fall Term - March 15th (March 1st for all Counseling applicants).
Spring Term - October 15th (one month earlier for international applicants).
Total Tuition and Fees
$3,750.00 - $6,008.00 (Undergraduate: returning/non-guarantee)
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.