Arkansas State University, Querétaro
Santiago de Querétaro, Mexico
MXN 237,000 / per year
15 Aug 2024
Earliest start date
19 Aug 2024
Biotechnology is opening new frontiers in different industries. Its multidisciplinary approach leads it to use biological systems to solve environmental, medical, and industrial problems. In agriculture and livestock, constant modifications and improvements are made in various species. In food, new more nutritious, healthy, and durable options are generated. Pharmaceuticals, medicines, and vaccines are constantly being developed that increase our well-being. As a biotechnology graduate, your mission will be to develop new products and technologies to extend people’s capabilities, improve the lives of thousands of people, and contribute to building a better future.
What Does A Graduate in Biotechnology Do?
Biotechnology graduates are among the most innovative and enterprising professionals since they constantly find companies dedicated to developing advanced products, such as medicines, more environmentally friendly products, and more nutritious foods to combat hunger in the world. In Mexico, one of the most biodiverse countries in the world, biotechnology has unparalleled growth potential. Those who work in this branch of science and technology have a wide spectrum of job opportunities, ranging from applied research to the development of companies with a great future in the potential to change the environment in this century. As a biotechnology graduate, your mission will be to develop new products and technologies to extend people’s capabilities, improve the lives of thousands of people, and contribute to building a better future.
At Arkansas State University Querétaro, we will prepare you to be a professional with the bases to specialize in any of the areas (new and traditional) of the biotechnology world. With our degree, your work options are boundless in Mexico, the United States, and the world.
Apply now. Start your path in the world of mechanical engineering and get ready to do your part in building a better future. Please click the below button for more information.
- Making Connections – Biology
- Composition I
- Composition II
- Oral Communication
- Survey of Calculus or Calculus 1
- Biology of the Cell
- Biology of the Cell Laboratory
- General Chemistry I Laboratory
- General Chemistry
- U.S History or U.S Government Elective
- Social Science Elective I
- Social Science Elective II
- Fine Arts Elective
- Humanities Elective
- Biotechnology in Global Society
- Genetics Laboratory
- Bioinformatics and applications
- Special Problems in Biology
- Applications of Biotechnology
- Biosafety and Ethics in Research
- Molecular Biology
- Cell Biology Laboratory
- Cell Biology
- Laboratory in Bio Techniques I
- Laboratory in Bio Techniques II
- General Chemistry II Laboratory
- General Chemistry II
- Organic Chemistry I
- Organic Chemistry Laboratory
- Organic Chemistry II
- Organic Chemistry II Laboratory
- Biochemistry Laboratory
- General Physics I
- General Physics II
- Applied Statistics
- 6 credits in Biological Science Electives (two courses with the prefix BIO, one of them must be upper level)
- Biology of plants Laboratory or Biology of animals Laboratory
- Biology of plants or Biology of animals
- Principles of Management or Entrepreneurship
- Virology or Immunology
- Human genetics
Foreign Language Requirement
Students in this major must demonstrate a basic proficiency in a foreign language. This may be done by one of these situations:
- Completing two years of a single foreign language course in high school
- Completing the second semester of an intermediate foreign language course at a college level. Students with previous language experience must consult with an advisor for course placement. Students must complete intermediate LanguageII
- Passing an examination acceptable to the foreign language faculty as proof of proficiency equivalent to successful completion of the second semester
Liberal arts and communication
- Strategic Communications
Sciences and Mathematics
Upon completion of the Biotechnology degree, the graduate of Arkansas State University, Querétaro will be able to:
- Adopt a code of ethics in the professional and social context, and demonstrate exemplary professional, ethical, and legal behavior in decision-making.
- Solve, analyze, and interpret data generated from experiments carried out in work related to projects or practical courses.
- Demonstrate skills using modern analytical tools/software/equipment and analyze and solve problems in biotechnology.
- Appreciate and execute a professional role in society as a biotechnology professional, employer, and employee in various industries, as a regulator, researcher, educator, and administrator.
- Demonstrate knowledge of deep critical and analytical thinking, which leads to identification formulation, and problem resolutions related to the biotechnology industry, the pharmaceutical industry, medical or hospital organizations, regulatory agencies, and academia.
- Apply written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively in health care, industry, academia, and research.
- Apply responsibilities to promote the health and safety of society, maintaining the trust bestowed on the profession by society.
- Demonstrate skills, attitudes, and values necessary for self-direction, lifelong learning, and professional development.
Scholarships and Funding
Because we believe in your dreams and want to support you, we award more than 100 million pesos in academic and sports scholarships every year.
- Academic Scholarship
For students who have outstanding academic performance and require financial support for their studies.
- Excellence Scholarship
For students who, regardless of their economic situation, have an outstanding academic performance.
- Sports Scholarship
Students who have excelled in any sporting discipline and who wish to pursue their professional studies by developing a sporting activity in one of our representative teams.
- Agreement Scholarship
Aimed at graduates of any institution that has an agreement with A-State Queretaro.
- Family Discount
This benefit is granted to students who have a sibling studying at A-State Queretaro. This support will last as long as the siblings are studying at the same time at A-State Queretaro.
- Referral Program
Aimed at students who refer other applicants to become students of the university.