The Department of Environmental Technology Engineering (ETE) was launched in 2011 as a step towards achieving the vision of Palestine Polytechnic University “The University of Science and Technology and Global Innovation”. ETE program aims at graduating engineers with solid knowledge in environmental engineering, science, and technology to protect the environment and to be aware of all pollution causes and the technologies applied in treating and managing the wastes and effluents. The program is composed of 162 credit hours spread over 5 academic years (10 semesters).
The curricula is well formulated to cover all environmental aspects including water quality, municipal and industrial wastewater treatment, design of wastewater treatment plants, air pollution and control, global warming and climate change, soil contamination and remediation, environmental legislation and management as well as environmental impact assessment.
Upon graduation, the graduates of this program will be well equipped theoretically and practically to pursue their career in a professional and ethical manner that satisfy their employers. The graduates are expected to be employed at different public and private sectors including ministries, municipalities, water authorities, environmental quality authorities, environment health departments, civil defense NGO’s, research centers and groups, wastewater treatment plants, and food, chemical and water treatment industries.
The Program educates students to think critically, communicate clearly, and collaborate effectively as they apply the fundamental scientific principles of engineering to environmental problems. We emphasize the importance of intellectual growth, professional ethics, and service to society. Our graduates are prepared to be successful students in the best graduate programs and outstanding engineering professionals in private and governmental organizations.
Students graduating with a B.S. in Environmental Technology Engineering will have demonstrated the ability to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- Design and conduct experiments as well as analyze and interpret data
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- Function on multidisciplinary teams
- Identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- Understand professional and ethical responsibility
- Communicate effectively
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in life-long learning
- Possess knowledge of contemporary issues
- Use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
About the School
Palestine Polytechnic University (PPU) has witnessed quantum leaps in a short three-decade time during which it had been developed from a community college with few scattered buildings and limited pro ... Read More