The BHA requires the successful completion of a total of 120 credit hours of study.
A student must complete at least 30 credit hours in General Education to receive a BHA degree. A student must also complete 27 credit hours of Health Administration core courses and a BHA capstone course. The remaining credit hours consist of elective courses.
HA 101 is mandatory for students who neither have prior work experience in the field of Health Administration nor have taken similar courses prior to enrolling in this program.
BHA Program Objectives
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Utilize a broad knowledge of the foundation concepts and advanced topics in health administration and management.
- Apply management theories in practice, especially as applied to health administration and management.
- Conduct health information searches using up-to-date information technology.
- Analyze healthcare data using statistical knowledge to guide management decision making.
- Operate in the healthcare management field in various organizations and work with health professionals.
BHA Core Courses
- HA 100 Introduction to Health Services
- HA 230 Healthcare Organization Management
- HA 270 Information Technology for Health Professions
- HA 310 Epidemiology and Community Health
- HA 340 Introduction to Healthcare Law and Ethics
- HA 350 Healthcare Management
- HA 410 Managed Healthcare
- HA 420 Long-Term Care Management
- MKT 320 Health Services Marketing
BHA Capstone Course
- HA 499 Health Politics and Policy
BHA Recommended Electives
- COMM 200 Business Communication
- COMM 330 Organizational Communication
- HA 105 Essential Medical Terminology
- MGT 311 Human Resources Management
- MGT 450 Project Management
- STAT 200 Basic Statistics
About the School
The University of Management and Technology (UMT) was established in Arlington, Virginia in January 1998. UMT is chartered by the State Council of Higher Education of Virginia (SCHEV) and accredited b ... Read More