Sociology is a discipline in which the interaction between humans and society, as well as the processes in which they happen, are examined. The Department of Sociology currently has an undergraduate program in which students graduate with a bachelors’ degree.
The features of this program are summarized below:
- The Sociology Department conducts undergraduate education with a combined approach of social sciences and human sciences
- The main goal of the 4-year program is to provide students with an education which explores the contemporary, scientific and global dynamics in the field of sociology.
- The Sociology Department provides the students with optional minor programs in the fields of urban sociology, legal sociology, and social, gender, and family psychology.
- The program’s other main goal is to conduct and support original scientific research in various fields of sociology, such as social movements, urban transformation, migration, social gender, and radical political movements. Research projects aiming to find a solution to social conflicts and social problems created by today’s society will be given priority.
- Global and local dynamics are paid special attention to in research studies.
- Our faculty members play an active role in arranging national and international congresses and symposiums.
- The departments’ highly qualified educators represent 3 main basic disciplines (urban sociology, political sociology, and legal sociology).
- A master’s program in sociology is currently being planned.
The Department of Sociology aims to improve students’ methodological analysis skills. Sociology education at Bahçeşehir University is conducted under a multidisciplinary format, unlike other traditional sociology programs, and aims to emphasize instances where sociology meets anthropology, international relations, and history. Courses which improve vital basic skills of the 21st century in areas such as computers and science, information and society, and energy and society are also given.
Graduates of the sociology department are given the opportunity to find jobs in a wide range of areas in the public and private sector, and tackle challenges at syndicates, industrial and commercial companies, miscellaneous organizations, press and media institutions, research companies, schools, and higher education institutions.
Course Structure Diagram with Credits
- TR marked courses are taught in Turkish.
- EN marked courses are taught in English.
- There TR-EN marked a section of courses in both English and Turkish.
About the School
The slogan “At the heart of Istanbul” is suitable for a university like Bahcesehir University (BAU). With its main campus on the edge of the Bosphorus in Besiktas each day begins early with rapid mobi ... Read More