On this course, students will create garment and accessory designs, devise ready-to-wear and “designer” collections, and present them at catwalk shows and showrooms, in front of professionals.
Thanks to a teaching staff made up of recognized professionals in the fashion industry, and numerous partnerships with prestigious companies in fashion design, LISAA is widely renowned, notably by the Ministry of Culture and Communications. LISAA is also ranked as the fourth private fashion school preferred by professionals (L’Étudiant 2015).
The Fashion Design and Pattern Making course takes place over three years after high school or over two years following a foundation course (MANAA) or an Introductory Course in Applied Arts. Graduates are awarded a qualification in Fashion Design and Pattern Making, listed on level 2 (FR), 6 (EU), NSF 242n of the French Register of Professional Certifications (RNCP), the decree of 25th February 2016 published in the official journal of 17th March 2016. Students can join in at the beginning of every year (1st, 2nd or 3rd year).
Advantages of the Course
- LISAA has a vast network of graduates and companies who have a role in advancing the careers of graduates
- A course open to all fields in fashion (fashion design, textile design, pattern making, marketing, business, communication), with links between different disciplines in order for students to understand the complementary nature of skills
- Classes in the studio, built around real projects: students create several collections covering the main sectors of the fashion industry
- Students are given a large amount of freedom in their choice of inspiration themes
- Work placement offers adapted to skills acquired
- Participation in competitions and national and international partnerships
- Photo stylist
- Fashion PR
- Fashion creator
- Ready-to-wear designer
- Sewing room manager
- Accessory designer
- Collection manager
Entry Requirements & Application
Admission to LISAA Fashion Paris is subject to both the presentation of a portfolio of work and an oral interview. The objective of these conditions is not merely to assess the candidate’s level but also — and above all — to gauge his or her motivation and the potential of his or her academic profile to suit the specificities of the professions in fashion. Students can join in at the beginning of every year (1st, 2nd or 3rd year).
About the School
Established in 1986, LISAA is today one of the biggest design schools in France. The school provides students with the possibility to express their design talents in the fields of fashion, interior ar ... Read More