Siena's marketing degree provides a competitive edge for careers in packaged goods, sports marketing, international marketing, e-commerce (social media marketing), advertising, consulting and sales. Our approach includes hands-on experience with local business and academic research with faculty, which improves our students' salary potential and advancement opportunities.
Siena’s marketing curriculum will provide you with the knowledge and skills to identify marketing opportunities and develop appropriate marketing strategies to profitably pursue those opportunities. At Siena, your courses will expose you to the major concepts, skills, and tools that you’ll need for a career in marketing or for graduate business programs.
Why study marketing at Siena?
As a Siena marketing major, your courses will give you plenty of marketing know-how, but they’ll also give you lots of opportunities to apply your knowledge to real-world marketing and business problems. You’ll develop communication, interpersonal, and analytic skills that lead to critical thinking, complex reasoning, and sound decision making. You’ll also work closely with professors and have ample internship opportunities. You can even join Siena’s chapter of the American Marketing Association (A.M.A.).
Marketing Research Lab
Siena’s School of Business Marketing Research Lab offers state-of-the-art facilities for students studying business statistics, marketing research, and marketing/promotion. Here, students work in teams and have access to multimedia technology and software including statistical analysis packages and geographic information system software.
Careers in marketing
The marketing major is suited for careers in sports, international, and business marketing; international marketing; e-commerce; advertising; public relations; consulting; retail; sales and relationship management; and marketing research.
- Learning activities include lectures, readings, discussions, case studies, real-world projects and computer simulations.
- Faculty committed to excellence in teaching, learning and mentorship beyond graduation.
- Small class sizes that offer customized learning and closer interaction.
- A wide variety of relevant and timely elective courses.
- Student-faculty research leading to publications in academic journals and presentations at regional, national and international conferences.
- Experiential learning practices through collaboration with businesses and internship opportunities.
- Annual marketing colloquium, which showcases student and faculty research.
Requirements for the Major (30 credits)
- MGMT211 - Management 3 credits
- MRKT212 - Marketing 3 credits
- MRKT324 - Consumer Behavior 3 credits
- MRKT334 - International Marketing 3 credits
- MRKT336 - Marketing Research Methods 3 credits
- MRKT435 - Marketing Management 3 credits
Marketing Electives (9 credits)
- BUDV450 - Organizational Strategy 3 cr
- 74% of students participating in internships
- 25% of alumni say a Siena connection led to their first or current job
- One in three marketing majors study abroad
- The freshman retention rate is 88%
- 96% of recent graduates are employed or in graduate school
- Conduct marketing analysis
- Develop and implement marketing strategies
- Evaluate and improve marketing strategies
- Critical thinking
- Creative thinking
- Written and oral communication skills
- Social responsibility
Siena’s marketing degree provides preparation for graduate programs and a wide variety of industries and careers including: packaged goods, services, sports marketing, international marketing, e-commerce (social media marketing), business marketing, advertising, public relations, consulting, retail, sales and relationship management, marketing research, marketing analytics and entrepreneurial marketing.
Employers of our Graduates
- Bose Corporation
- Chicago Cubs
- Condé Nast
- Gap, Inc.
- Golub Corporation
- The Madison Square Garden Company
- MetLife Stadium
- New York Mets
- Northwestern Mutual
- Notre Dame
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital
- The Travelers Companies, Inc.
- Albany Broadcasting Company
- BBL Construction Services
- Merrill Lynch
- New Jersey Nets
- Nielsen Company
- Price Chopper
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- Special Olympics New York
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Tri-City Valley Cats
Job Titles of Recent Graduates
- Brand Manager
- Demographic Research Analyst
- Digital Communications Coordinator
- Digital Engagement Specialist
- Digital Media Planner
- Director of Product Development
- International Sales Manager
- Market Analyst
- Media Specialist
- National Accounts Manager
- Product Marketing Manager
- Project Coordinator
- Promotion and Marketing Manager
- Research Analyst
- Senior Marketing Coordinator
About the School
Siena College is more than a liberal arts college, it is a learning community that prepares students for a successful life filled with compassion and drive, service and responsibility. Here, we believ ... Read More